What is a privacy notice?
Under EU wide general data protection regulation (GDPR) you, as a client, have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, I am providing you with this privacy notice.
To be able to document and process your personal data, under GDPR you must give me explicit consent.
Who I am
I am a Rapid Transformation Clinical Hypnotherapist practising in London, UK. I am regulated by a professional body and fully insured.
I have a legal contractual obligation to collect personal data for the purposes of providing care and may require detailed medical information. I will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your care.
This data is always held securely and is not shared with anyone.
I may use your contact details to remind you of future appointments, or other information concerning your hypnotherapy sessions. I may also use your contact information to send you my newsletter or other information which I believe may be of use to you – for which you must give me explicit consent.
In making an initial contact with me, I will keep your contact details unless you do not attend for hypnotherapy sessions and then this information will be deleted in one month.
I occasionally may take part in a hypnotherapy study and I would use your anonymous data to add to the advancement of understanding within hypnotherapy.
Sharing your personal data
Be safe in the knowledge that your data is never shared or sold to any third party. Your information will not be shared with third parties for marketing purposes.
Retaining your personal data
I will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After five years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by me to meet my future obligations to you, such as erasure details. Records concerning minors who have received a session will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25.
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. Newmehypnotherapy.com does not store personal data outside the EU.
At any point whilst newmehypnotherapy.com is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
1. Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information I hold about you – you can make a subject access request and you will need to provide identification. There is no charge for this.
2. Right of rectification – you have the right to correct data that I hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data I hold about you to be erased from my records.
4. Right of restriction of processing- where certain conditions apply you have the right to restrict the processing.
5. Right of portability – you have the right to have the data I hold about you transferred to another organisation.
6. Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
7. Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – I don’t do this at Newmehypnotherapy.com
Should your personal data that I control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, I will contact you without delay. The breach will be dealt with by myself & I will explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps I am taking to deal with it.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by newmehypnotherapy.com you have the right to complain to directly to me, Sharan Patel. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.